Friday, December 19, 2008

Sandy Creek Nature Center Playdate


We went to the Sandy Creek Nature Center earlier this week. We met up with Melissa (Ella and Nora) and Erinn (Jade and Max). We had not been in ages and Isaac was really excited about the snakes and turtles. After about an hour and a quarter I could tell it was time to move on. Isaac kept running into the lobby to play with the drinking fountain. Anyway, we were saying goodbye and I noticed Isaac at the end of the hallway playing with a little red box on the wall. I immediately yelled "don't touch" but was too late the fire alarm started going off. Isaac had the look of death in his eyes as he ran into my arms.
As we were driving home I started analyzing why a child friendly place would have that alarm so low to the ground. Perhaps for handicapped persons? I know from my expieriences in college as a resident assistant there are plastic boxes that can go on top of alarms to provide cover. Anyway, I'm just coming up with excuses. I do believe Isaac was frightened enough not to ever play with one again.
At one point during our playdate I turned around and snapped this photo. It seems so innocent, at this age...and appears to be the only photo I took.

No comments: