Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Halloween Sugar Cookies


















Today after preschool, I decided to make cut out sugar cookies with Isaac. I thought we'd mix the dough up and do a few cut outs and then I would finish the project (cut out the majority of the cookies and bake) while Isaac took his nap. Well, Isaac decided not to nap so he was up for the entire baking project. He particularly liked using the hand held mixer. We typically use the Kitchenaid mixer so this was his first experience with the hand held mixer. He didn't grasp the concept of cutting out the shapes, but really like trying. He was a trooper while I finished the cut outs and baking the cookies. We made Halloween shapes--pumpkins, bats, cats and ghosts. I thought we'd decorate them tomorrow, but I am now thinking the sugar cookies are quite delicious without frosting. We'll save frosting cookies for another day!

No comments: