Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Weekend in Atlanta






















We went to Atlanta for the weekend earlier this month. Donavan had a conference and I found myself strambling for things to do with a toddler in Buckhead. As we were driving towards Buckhead I noticed signs for a Bob the Builder interactive experience at the Children's Museum. Isaac was not familiar with Bob the Builder, but I mentioned it and he demanded that we go. "See Bob Builder now", "see Bob Builder now" he kept saying. I guess he thought it would be something he'd enjoy. Donavan went with us before his conference officially started.
This trip was our second to the Children's Museum. We went last year during a visit with Mimi Yarnall and weren't overly impressed. We are accustomed to the Indianapolis Children Musuem which is very large with several levels including a toddler room, water room and typically have special exhibits. The Bob the Builder exhibit made the entrance fee worth it. Puzzles with tools, rock building wall, bulldozers, plastic hammers, etc.. It was an instant hit.

Isaac and I also took a Sunday morning walk around Oglethorpe University. I love exploring college campuses and Isaac enjoyed the green space. It was a chilly morning and he really enjoyed vegging in the sun.

No comments: