Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year's Day & Pictures from this weekend
















Here are some pictures from the last few days.

Donavan went to Orlando with some guy friends for the Georgia Game on New Year's Day so Isaac and I stayed busy by going to the park to play with his new trucks (gift from Mimi and Poppi Yarnall). It's been raining the last couple of days so we've been finding inside activities.
Donavan and Isaac put together the Lincoln Log house (gift from Uncle Brad and Aunt Gina). Isaac's favorite part was tearing the structure down. He's been making cookies out of his play doh by using the roller and mold (from Uncle Phil). The sugar cookies were quite good, but I didn't care for the ginger bread:) He wanted to send some to Uncle Phil, but I convinced him that pictures would last longer than the cookies. He's been really enjoying his new trike (gift from Mimi and Poppi P). As you can see he manages to play with it in the house. Also, the fire truck puzzle has occupied our time (gift from Mimi and Poppi P).
We're glad to be home and Isaac (in particular) missed his pugs during our trip to Indiana. The other day I was getting Isaac ready to go to the park and Quincy brought her leash up to me. Needless to say, she went with. Just call it child favortism--I couldn't manage Isaac and 2 dogs at the park. Honestly, I don't know how all my friends can handle more than one child at the park on most days. Maybe someday I'll learn. Anyway, Isaac has been enjoying playing (aka torturing) the dogs. They are so good with him.

Today after lunch Isaac asked when Santa was coming to bring him his new bed. Donavan and I just stared at each other. As I mentioned in an earlier blog he spent a week earlier in December climbing out of his bed, but we haven't had a "'problem" with that for over 2 weeks. I'm not ready to make the move, so I guess for now the answer is "Santa will come again next December." I'm not sure we all can wait until next December for the toddler bed.

No comments: